Sunday, February 16, 2014

Let Us Rejoice - Psalm 118:24

My grandmother saw some of my other Scripture Doodles and she liked them. So she asked me to paint her one for this big empty wall in the bathroom of the new house they just bought. This is my first custom made order Scripture Doodle. She wanted the verse Psalm 118:24, "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." And she wanted a landscape with a sun.
So I went online, did some googling found, found a landscape I liked, and went for it.
However, I think I will stay away from landscapes. I'm not very good at them.

I put some glitter paint over the sun and some shimmer paint in the river. Then I tried to add some wild flowers and cattails, but they look kind of crappy. Oh well, I think she'll like it anyway, I am her granddaughter after all ;), that has to count for something.




No comments:

Post a Comment