Friday, January 21, 2011

All About Snow

 Over at The Paper Trail blog, the monthly challenge is up. And I'm participating.
It is all about the WHITE STUFF this time!!! But, we are putting a generalized twist on it for you! We want to see white stuff on your layouts - this can be in the form of snow - snow pictures, snow papers, snow embellishments, homemade snow for your projects!! It can also be in the form of white - white papers, white space on your layout - whatever your imagination can dream up for this white, snowy challenge is a go!!!!!

This is a page I put together that is about a Snow Day. I used a poem that I wrote in 2004 that was published in the newspaper. Embellishments: Snow Flakes, of course, in blues and white.  This is cute way that I can keep my published poem on display and in a safe place. I put it in an unfinished spiral bound scrapbook that I had.
The Paper Trail Challenge is what inspired me to pull this clipping out of the old manila file folder it was kept in and make a cute snow day page for it, and enter the challenge at the same time. A good way to kill two birds with one stone. :)


Here is a close up of the poem so that if you want you can read it. It is by no means great or perfect, but please remember I was in middle school at the time :).

6 comments:

  1. Great page Kelsey!! I am so glad we were able to inspire you to pull out that poem! Thank you for sharing it with us and joining us at TrailMakers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is perfect for this TrailMakers challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey...great job! Love your twist on the challenge and your poem I can relate to. I teach 3rd grade!!! Snow days are just FAB!!! Thanks for playing along at Trail Makers!!! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you were able to find a way to display your poem - great way to use the challenge over at TrailMakers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!!! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap That Poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great poem to reflect the joys of snow days! I too am a teacher (is seems most scrappers are!) and I still feel the same excitement as a free day to scrap!!

    ReplyDelete