Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's All About The Sweet Stuff

Hey guys, I hope I'm not over loading you, but I'm a bit bored, and that's why I'm posting so much with in the past few days.

This post is pulling out more pages I made from my trip to Chicago this past summer. These are two separate pages that are related, but don't go together. They share a 2 page spread in my scrapbook, but I didn't make them to go together, so they aren't coordinated. But I'm going to post them both in this one anyway... make sense? Also, these two pages are examples of some of my homemade embellishments.

So, this first page is from the Hershey's Factory. Yes, it was delicious.
First is the full page view, then the close ups of the embellishments where I'll tell you what I did.

Doesn't that cup cake look just yummy?? ... Well it was. It's a Reese's Peanutbutter Chocolate Cupcake. :P





A Hershey's Chocolate kiss. I made this myself and so can you. It was easy. All you need is aluminum foil, a little strip of white paper, and a blue marker or pen. Shape the foil until you're satisfied, write 'Hershey's' or 'Kiss' on the paper, or whatever you want, then glue it to the back, and glue it to the paper. Vwa-lah, a Hershey's kiss. :)




This is my only tag on the page... it isn't really a tag either is it? Lol. I found this online and I thought it was really cute, so I just wrote it directly on the page.




And this picture lets you see the other pieces I used as embellishments. The smallest one is from the top of my receipt. I wanted to use it to prove I was in Chicago. To me tickets and receipts act as proof and make it more real. Then the big 'Hershey's' piece and the 'Bake Shoppe' piece are actually from the take out box that I got because I couldn't eat all of my cupcake... it's a lot bigger than it looks in the picture. The box was really cute and I saved it so that I could use it for making this page... sometimes it pays to think ahead. :)

Ok. So now for the second page. It's still related, meaning it's a dessert place from Chicago. This one is from Ghirardelli. This page, as you can see, it a lot more simpler. But I kind of tried to make the whole page be an embellishment it's self. If you know what Ghirardelli chocolate bar wrappers look like, then you might notice that the page resembles a milk chocolate wrapper.

That milkshake is what I ordered.... = <3 :P

I used blue and gold stars on the corners of the two pictures. And the words 'Dessert' and 'Chocolate' we're a pain. I didn't have my Cricut when i made this, so I had to print it out on paper and then cut it out. Then I had to find the right shade of gold and blue to color in the middles of the letters because i wasn't about to try to cut those out. Lol.

 And then I used a real Ghirardelli wrapper and cut out part of it to put in the middle. And you can't really tell because it's kind of thin, but I used a piece of foam to pop it up a little. This wrapper is gold and gold because it was a semi-sweet bar. I have a blue and gold milk chocolate wrapper that the page is resembled after but I couldn't find it, so I just used that one.

Hope you you liked the pages. :) --

No comments:

Post a Comment