Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Crayon Melt

So, I finally decided to jump on the bandwagon. I did a crayon melt canvas.

My favorite color is blue, so i decided to do a blue one.
Supplies you'll need:
Crayons - I have 8 shades of blue, 32 total
Canvas - Mine is an 11x14
Glue - I used Modpodge
Hair dyer
Newspaper (or go outside)
Black paint and paint brush

Step 1: Arrange your crayons in the color order you want, then use your glue to glue them securely to the top of your canvas. I chose to do mine in a straight line, but you could also arrange them in a wave or zigzag line to be more creative.
Step 2: Prop canvas up against a wall. Use the hair dryer on the highest heat setting. Be patient. The crayons will begin to melt and drip down. Make sure you have newspaper laying under and BEHIND your canvas because the air will make the melted wax splatter off the edge of the canvas!
Step 3: Let the wax harden, it should take no time at all. If you want to paint a silhouette on yours like i did, just use black paint and go for it. I found what I wanted on Google images, printed it out, cut it out, and traced it because i didn't want to try to free and it. But that's up to you.

Make sure everything is dry and hang it up somewhere for all to enjoy your lovely art!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment